Local Girl Goes Bigtime

Rachele Fico, a pitcher from a nearby town is practically a legend around CT. She's dominated at every level of softball since she was a kid and is now on her way to play college softball at recently defeated LSU who lost 2 in a row to Arizona State to advance to the College World Series. I was shocked and thrilled seeing her photo in the NY Times this weekend - way cool.

Something tells me Fico has the ability to turn that around for her new team... we'll all be watching and cheering her on from here in CT!

A few things jumped out me in the article including:

  • Her career record for Masuk, from Monroe, is 97-2, and she has not lost a game in two years. Her earned run average is 0.06. She has struck out 1,723 batters. And she has pitched a national high school record 25 perfect games.
  • Her quote speaks to her obvious passion for the game: “Softball’s a part of me, a part of who I am,” Fico said. “When I get time off from playing, after like a week or two, I start getting antsy. I can’t just sit back and watch anymore.”
Good luck at LSU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment